I did a lot of sewing this week, a lot, and barely got any knitting (or anything else….) done. I’m having a craft party on Friday, which is not the best time to use a sewing machine, so hopefully I will get some other stuff done then.
The first of two Esjan (pattern by Stephen West) shawls that I’m working on. This one only needs cast off. Its a very belated prayer shawl for a friend.
I plan to cast off during the party Friday.
The other Esjan which is for me in bright, metallic yarn.
All I have left for this capelet is a bit of messing with the collar, and tightening up a seam in the under arm (and then actually posting about it).
I’m debating if I want to actually finish the very end of the underarms on this or not. I probably should, but they don’t show (at all!) and they really look like they’re going to be a pain…..
This I’m making out of scrap fabric that I got dirt cheap at a thrift store (I actually think at least one of the bits used to be curtains), as practice before I get started on the one with the fabric I actually paid decent money for (the purple stuff).
My goal on this is to have the liner and the outside completely finished by Friday, so that during the party I can iron the seams (and maybe tack some of them down by hand). I’m bagging the lining because the pattern didn’t come with its own liner, unfortunately.
Its called the Belle bomber because the velvet and brocade fabrics remind me of 18th century France, which is when Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is set.
The bomber with fabric I actually paid more for (its in two shades of purple, hence the reference to Rapunzel’s purple dress in Tangled). I think I might buy some flower brocade that I saw the other day and add some flowers on for decoration.